With the Right Kitchen Tools - Cooking could be More Fun
As a keen residence cook and kitchen aficionado you will all the time hear, at weekends and in the evenings, the staccato sound of chopping, the sizzle and bubble of the pans and the organized clatter utensils, pots and pans emanating from my kitchen. I now have a great range of kitchen equipment to create this symphony of sound- but this was not all the time the way.
Quality Kitchenware is King...
Once I bought my first flat and funds were tight, I fitted out my late 1980's kitchen in the then-in vogue, red and black tools and kitchen accessories - which though looked quite good at the time, however have been of poor high quality and have all been replaced over the years.
My lesson was learnt after visiting the kitchen of a chef good friend who showed me the standard and consideration he had taken in the purchasing of the impressive collection of his cookware.
It turned instantly clear to me that by buying the best quality kitchen gear I could afford, I may be sure that cooking and entertaining would turn into rather a lot simpler, sooner and fun. Below is my essential kitchen instruments list.
The Cutting Edge Kitchen...
- High of my list of for everyday use are my chefs slicing and chopping knives, which, as yours needs to be, are top of the range and are sharpened regularly.
- I have a carving knife which is made of a forged steel blade with high carbon content [as my different knives are]
- Cutting boards are equally vital for comfort and needs to be well positioned. It is best to have more than one -I use a large wooden one for the large jobs and have discovered that small plastic ones are good for the smaller regular jobs like slicing onions - and are simpler to scrub in the dishwasher!
- My oldest kitchen tool is a large black iron frying pan given to us by my wife's Swedish grandmother, which is at all times great for cooking at high warmth and not burning.I discover that heavier pans with a thick base are always the best.
- Build up a good range of oven proof baking and roasting trays and dishes - you'll be able to by no means have enough.
- A good vegetable peeler is useful for speed and saving -which you'll minimize off using a knife - regardless of how sharp.
- A ceramic pestle and mortar is always surprisingly useful - I use it to crush garlic.
- Get the most effective and most sturdy wheel can opener -for efficiency and safety.
- A large range of metal spatulas and serving spoons - It's no use creating an excellent meal if you can't serve it effectively!
are a device I did without for a long time, however are invaluable for these extra jobs like opening packaging.
Other necessary kitchen utensils are; tongs, whisks, a easy metal grater, a bread knife and anything which is labour saving in the type of cooking you do.
There is not any use in spending a fortune on a designer lemon squeezer you hardly use, once you do all you whisking with a serving fork!
After you will have the core gear - then you'll be able to have enjoyable with the kitchen gadgets and accessories.